Monday 5 October 2009

Flames - old and new

Today, she missed her ex. Why? Because she remembered how they used to write notes to each other in shorthand (yeah yeah, it's geeky. But it was also kind of cool).
Then, she got her mysinglefriend profile approved and found on the site a man who, without a word of a lie, is the most beautiful man she has ever seen in her life. Literally. If this was a Tom and Jerry cartoon, her pupils would have turned heart-shaped and her heart would be thudding out of her chest.
Even if he doesn't reply, or worse, turns out to be a troll in real life, it was a nice feeling while it lasted!
She's still a little unsure about going down the whole internet dating thing and would kind of like to meet someone a little more organically. Maybe, perhaps, the DJ friend of her wondrous new housemate, who she seems intent on setting her up with... Options. It's all about options.

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried internet dating. I have enough awkward dates with men I meet in the regular world I shudder to think how worse things can get in the virtual one. But it's worked for so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mysinglefriend - have met a few guys from there - love the Tom and Jerry vision! GO for it you've got nothing to lose! Oh and I met my ex on match.com - went out with him for 6 months!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I can do 100 words per minute if you fancy a date ;-)
    Check out my blog - it's about my own dating disasters:
    plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 100 wpm? Get up to 120wpm fish boy and we can take it from there! Like the blog btw.

    ReplyDelete