Wednesday 19 August 2009

Jinx

She thinks she must be a jinx. Why, you ask? Because she just found out the boy she kissed on the friend's sofa the other weekend is moving. To Hong Kong. Not that she had any hopes of romance with him you understand, it just seems a bit of an odd coincidence!

You also have to bear in mind that her first ever, ever boyfriend, the one she went out with at primary school, held hands in the school playground with and danced with at the end-of-term disco (wearing a neon pink and white striped jersey dress and knee-high neon pink socks - hey, that would be a good look right now!) ended up gay.

She's had her doubts about subsequent boyfriends as well, it has to be said.

Oh and THEN there was the guy who asked her out on her first (and worst) ever date at the age of 15. They went to see Nell, it was terrible. He clammily grabbed her hand half way through the film, which was even more terrible. It was like holding a sweaty dead fish that she desparately wanted to drop. Anyway, him. Turns out he liked to go shopping in New Look. FOR HIMSELF. She should really have heard alarm bells when he wore a rather delicate silver ring with a daisy on it. Suffice to say, that never really went anywhere. Thank the Lord. And to be fair, she only really went along with it as her friend wanted to go out with New Look Boy's friend, so they decided a double date would be the thing. First and last. Really, why does anyone ever think double dating is a good idea?

That gets her thinking. What was your worst ever date? Any tales of woe will be welcomed!

4 comments:

  1. Here's one of completely my own making:
    Once, when I was bored at work and had access to the electoral roll I did something very silly. I was going on a date with a young man and decided it would be hilarious to wind him up by looking up his address and parents’ names. IT WAS A JOKE!
    But unfortunately he actually thought I’d been sitting outside his house with binoculars. He cancelled our date and I NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN.
    Granted it was ridiculous and extremely ill-advised, but, if he had any common sense, he should have realised it was a joke. What sort of shit stalker actually admits to their snooping before they’ve even stolen a few personal effects to create a sick shrine with?
    No, if I’d been an actual stalker I would have kept up my espionage for some time. Well, at least until I’d managed to rummage through his bins for more information and photographed him in his underpants through the window. Ho-hum. The moral of the story: Avoid 'hilarious' pranks about being a stalker at all times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with boys being unable to take a joke??
    When Daniel said he was cooking on Sunday, I said: "You do know I'm a lactose-intolerant, coeliac vegan who doesn't eat peanuts, right?".
    And you could tell he completely didn't know if I was being serious or not. Ditto the comment about being married with five kids.
    I'll take the advice about the stalking though. Sounds very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, very funny or very sad, which ever way you care to look at it :)

    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed you over from one of the comments you made on Mr. London Street. I'm glad I did because to be honest most of my blog entries are about horrible dating experiences! They are called Lola's Simple Dating Rules. There's the one where I think I dated a potetial serial killer, the one where I found out before the date that he was a psycho alcoholic, the one where the guy failed ot mention he had a kid and both of them were on their way to see me. The list is just endless!

    My latest entry, due to my socially awkward dating experiences, has led me to seek solace in a rather unique way! ;)

    Is it bad of me to be happy that other people share bad experiences too?

    ReplyDelete